Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dating-not-dating


   “It was really long.”        
   My friend called to talk to me about my blog which means that she didn’t read it (and probably wants me to stop emailing her with alerts of new posts).  For anonymity sake, we’ll call her Rotel.
                “I did read it.  It’s about Sushi in California,” Rotel said.
                “Sort of,” I said, remembering the title for the first one, SF Dim Sum. “So, you didn’t read it?”
                “I did read it. It’s about lesbian dating,” Rotel said.
                “Yeah—?”          
                “Lesbians don’t know how to date.”
                “I know. That’s what the blog is about.”
                She began to tell me why lesbians can’t date.  “It’s because one of us is ‘there’ and the other one isn’t.”
                I asked myself, “How is that unique to the lesbian situation?"  But, I didn’t dissuade.  I encouraged her, “You should put that in the blog [that you didn’t read].”
                “That’s my problem.  I’m not ‘there’ and she is,” Rotel said about who she’s dating-not-dating.  “It would work out if we dated other people while we dated each other.”
                “You just said lesbians don’t know how to date.  Now, you’re adding more dating to the fire.”
                “We don’t.  But, if we did- it would all work out.”
                That was the meat of our conversation.  I’ll keep this blog short for my friend…who will never read this, J.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry...

    ReplyDelete

post comment here